Address: 29 Howard Road, New Malden, Surrey KT3 4DP
Tel. No: 020-8942-2960
Registration with General Medical Council: Full Number 2306526
Member of the Medical Defence Union:
MB ChB July 1976
FRCS Glasgow November 1982
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon (2 days per week) at The Pennine Acute NHS Trust, Birch Hill Hospital, since November 1995.
Lead Ophthalmologist for The Practice. This company provides medical clinics including ophthalmology to several PCT groups for National Health patients.
Outpatient Clinics and Surgery for The Practice at Surbiton Community Hospital in the Kingston area.
The New Victoria Hospital, 184 Coombe Lane West, Kingston KT2 7EG
Harley Street No. 23, London Eye Diagnostic Centre, London W1N 1DA
Legal work undertaken for Premex Services Limited, Premier Medical Group Ltd. and independent solicitors
Aspen Unomedical (Instrument Company) UK Advisory Board Member
Duckworth and Kent / Malosa Medical Jacobs Glaucoma Punch.
Unomedical Jacobs Sub Tenons Local Anaesthetic Cannula
Jacobs Cataract Hydro Dissector Cannula
Malosa Medical Cataract Anterior Chamber Chopper
New drop to diagnose dry eye conditions
Modified Visco Elastic for cataract surgery
Editor: P Wise
(Author of Ophthalmology Section)
1. Variability of the hill of vision and its significance in automated perimetry.
Jacobs N A, Patterson I H
Br J Ophthalmol 1985; 69: 824-826
2. Definition of normal macular thresholds on the dicon AP2000 Autoperimeter.
Jacobs N A, Harris ML
Acta Ophthalmologica 1991; 69: 253-255
3. An investigation into the black-hole effect in autoperimetry.
Jacobs NA, Harris ML
Proceedings of the IXth Internat. Perim.Soc.Meet.
Perimetry Update 1990/1991; 221-223 Kugler
4. Modern Perimetry.
Seminars in Ophthalmol 1986; 1: 14-34 Grune and Stratton Ltd.
5. Consideration in Autoperimetric Standardisation.
Jacobs NA, Harris ML, Trew DT
Seminars in Ophthalmol 1989; 1: 48-52
6. Inter-relation between Alcohol and Accidents.
Harris ML, Jacobs NA, Trew DR
Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 1989;82: 447-448
7. Is the Esterman binocular field sensitive enough?
Harris ML, Jacobs NA
Perimetry Update 1994/1995; 403-404 Kugler
1. Syndrome of ischaemic ocular inflammation; six cases and review.
Jacobs NA, Ridgway AEA
Br J Ophthalmol 1985; 69: 681-687
2. Angiography of the Orbit in the Ischaemic Ocular Inflammation Syndrome.
Turnbull IW, Jacobs NA, Bannister CM
Cerebral Revascularization for Stroke Section 1 Chapter 4
Thieme-Stratton Inc. New York. 1985
3. Origin of disc new vessels assessed by videofluorography.
Jacobs NA, Steele CA, Mills KB
Br J Ophthalmol 1988; 72: 5: 394-398
4. Occlusion of the Central Retinal Artery and Ocular Neovascularisation. An Indirect Association?
Jacobs NA, Trew DR
Eye 1992; 6: 599-602
5. Solar Retinopathy in the Manchester area.
Jacobs NA, Headon M, Rosen ES
Trans Ophthalmol Soc UK 1985; 104: 625-628
6. Solar Retinopathy vs Foveomacular Retinitis.
Letter to the Br J Ophthalmol regarding article by Kuming.
Br J Ophthalmol 1986; 70: 816-818
7. Visual changes mediated by beer in retrobulbar neuritis - an investigative case report.
Alvarez SL, Jacobs NA, Murray IJ
Br J Ophthalmol 1986; 70: 141-146
1. Efficacy in anterior uveitis of two known steroids and topical Tolmetin.
Dunne JA, Jacobs NA, Morrison A, Gilbert DJ
Br J Ophthalmol 1985; 69: 120-125
2. Timolol and guanethidine plus adremaline in combination in the treatment of chronic open angle glaucoma.
Mills KB, Vogel R, Jacobs NA
Trans Ophthalmol Soc UK 1985; 104: 621-624
3. A study of the effects of four concentrations of D-timolol 0.25% L-timolol and placebo on intraocular pressure on patients with raised intraocular pressure.
Mills KB, Jacobs NA, Vogel R.
Br J Ophthalmol 1988; 72 (6): 469-472
4. A single-blind randomised trial comparing adrenaline 1% with Dipivalyl epinephrine (propine) 0,1% in the treatment of open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
Mills KB, Jacobs NA
Br J Ophthalmol 1988: 72 (6): 465-468
1. On the management of retained airgun pellets: a survey of 11 orbital cases.
Jacobs NA, Morgan LH
Br J Ophthalmol 1988; 72(2): 97-100
2. Visual Prognosis of Keratoplasty.
Jacobs NA, Chandna A, Mills KB
Seminars in Ophthalmol 1986;1(4): 232-235
3. Bilateral acute dacryocycstitis in an infant.
Lipton J, Jacobs NA, Rosen ES
Case Report Br J Hospital Medicine 1987 September; 38:251
4. Pupil size in relation to ultrasonic anterior chamber depth measurement in pseudophakic eyes.
Rabie EP, Jacobs NA
Am Intraocular Implant Soc J 1095; 2: 461-464
5. The Optical Effects of Nd: YAG Laser Damage to Posterior Chamber Intraocular lenses.
James CB, Woon WH, Jacobs NA
Eur J Inplant Ref Surg 1992; 4: 87-90
British Medical Association
United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Royal Society of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
I was asked to go to Albania as part of a team to operate mainly on children who were orphans from the town of Skodra. Over a period of five days I assessed sixty out-patients and carried out twenty surgical procedures.
I was asked to go to Mostar in Bosnia to help the Muslim population who had had no access to eye surgery for 4 years. I carried out 25 intra-capsular extractions with lens implants and retrained the local ophthalmologist and left her instruments and materials to continue surgery.
I was asked to go St Petersburg in Russia with the Komso Children’s Hospital Charity to observe department and assess for prioritisation of required equipment in the relatively poorly funded unit.
I was asked to go to Shkoder in Albania by the charity IMPACT to report on the best way to provide a cost effective modern cataract service. This would be started when the unit moved to a new hospital. I assessed problem cases and carried out cataract extraction and secondary lens implantation and lacrimal and lid surgery.